- Line a salad bowl with 1 cup of graham wafer crumbs mixed with 1/4 cup margarine
- Drain 1-14 oz. or 19oz. can of crushed pineapple
- Melt 30 marshmallows and 1/2 cup milk in double boiler
- Fold drained pineapple and marshmallow mixture together
- Place on graham wafer crust. When cooled over with 1 package of whipped dream whip
- Put a few cut cherries on top or sprinkle some cooking sparkles
- 1 Pie Crust
- 1 Pound Ground beef
- 1 Teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon Oregano
- 1/4 Teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1 Can (8.oz) tomato sauce
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- Cheese topping (see below)
- 1/2 cup child sauce
- Heat oven to 425 degree. Prepare pastry for one 9 inch pie.
- in medium skillet, cook and stir meat until brown. Drain off fat.
- Stir in salt, oregano, pepper, crumbs, 1/2 cup of the tomato sauce, the onion
- and green pepper, crumbs, 1/2 cup of the tomato sauce, the onion and green pepper.
- Turn into pastry-lined pie pan. Spread cheese topping over filling. bake about 30 minutes.
- Cut into wedges. Stir together remaining tomato sauce and the child sauce.
- 1 egg
- 2 cups shredded natural cheddar cheese (about 8 oz.)
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon each salt, dry mustard and worchestershire sauce
- Beat egg and milk
- stir in seasonings and cheese
Delicious hash brown
- 2 lbs frozen hash browns
- 1 500 ml sour cream
- 2 tins of cream of mushroom soup
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 1 grated onion
- salt to taste
- 2 cup grated cheddar cheese
- thaw hash browns for 1 hour and mix above
- ingredients together in bowl.
- Press into 9×13 baking dish and sprinkle parmesan
- cheese on top. Bake at 350 degrees for 1-1 1/2 hour.
- *you can substitute cream of chicken soup
Coconut banana cream pie
- Cream filling:
- 2 cup scalded milk
- 4 tablespoon starch
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3 egg yolks beaten
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla
- 1/2 cup coconut
- mix cornstarch, sugar and salt. Gradually add scalded milk.
- Cook over boiling water. Stir as mixture thickens. Cook 10 minutes more.
- Stir occasionally. combine some of the hot mixture with egg yolks. Stir into filling.
- Cook and stir 5 minutes. add butter and vanilla. Add coconut. Cool
- Pour cooled mixture into cooled baked 9” pie shell.
- Crust may be graham wafer crust. Top with Meringue or whipped cream.
- Banana Cream filling:
- Recipe of cream filling above
- 2 or 3 bananas
- slice bananas into cooled baked shell. Pour cold cream filling over bananas. top with
- meringue or whipped cream and additional bananas.
- 2 egg whites
- 1/8 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 4 tbs. fine sugar
- beat egg whites together (for best results, egg should be atlas 3 days old and at room temperature.)
- Add salt and vanilla and continue beating until eggs for a think foam.
- Add sugar, a tablespoon at a time, beating after each addition.
- Continue beating until meringue stands in peaks when beater is raised out
- of mixture. Spread a small amount of Meringue around edge of filled pie shell, allowing
- no space between edge of pie shell and meringue. Pile rest of meringue in centre and spread lightly
- to meet edge. Bake in slow over, 325 to 350 degrees about 15 minutes.
Pastor Susan Kiteley
Mississippi Mud pie
- 2 cups of Graham wafer crumbs
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine – melted
- mix together and pat in 9” x 13” pan. mix 8 oz. of cream cheese with 1 cup icing sugar. fold in 1/2
- large tub of cool whip, Spread over graham wafer crust.
- Beat 1 – 4 oz. package or vanilla instant pudding with 2 cups milk until set – approx. 2 minutes.
- Pour over cheese mixture and top with remaining tub of cool whip. chill until served. make early in the day.